Really Big Numbers investigations. Based on the book by Richard Evan Schwartz.
- Slides from the session (PPT). These were imaged and created by the awesome circler, Jane Long.
- Connections to the Common Core (PDF). These were produced by BK.
- The book's author produced some endnotes (PDF).
- When Dr. Long did this as a circle activity, the also used the book, The Boy Who Loved Math, about the amazing Pál Erdös. Her session notes from the activity are here (PDF).
- Dr. Long also gave me this powerpoint that has covers from many books that have good math at their base.
- Be sure to click on the author's name in the title above to see his fun webpage.